Meet English Teacher Mrs. Wenrich!

Garrett Mayes

Mrs. Wenrich smiles with her student and son, senior Garret Wenrich.

I got the chance to interview English teacher Rebecca Wenrich. As one of her students, I was ecstatic to speak to her.

Q: Hey Mrs. Wenrich, tell me about yourself?

A: “I’m a solid optimist, I like to function in possibilities and I think that goes for how I view my job, family, my role as a mother, human being, a friend, it kind of morphs into one.”

Q: What is your favorite part about teaching?

A: “My favorite part about teaching is by far the children. There’s a poem that says, where else could I find such splendid company? Y’all are fascinating and I love it.”

Q: What is the most difficult part about teaching?

A: “As a teacher, you’re juggling a lot of things at one time, it can become overwhelming. Whether you’re juggling standards, meetings, or grades. It’s hard, there’s many facets, so I have to constantly remind myself why I do what I do. I love the kids.”

Q: What was the most interesting event in your classroom?

A: “Either when I spilled my coffee all over Mac Butler, or when a student started stripping in the middle of a presentation, we didn’t know why, but it was to prove her point with a t-shirt, we didn’t know that though so we were all kind of scared.”

Q: Is it weird having your son in your class?

A: “Not now, it was freshman year. It was the first time sharing my domain but he needed his own as well. So we had to give each other our own space, but share one as well. But since then it’s been great, not only to experience as a teacher but also as a parent, too see him in a different environment.”

Mrs. Wenrich teaches English, specifically