Grilled Cheese Friday

School is tough. In the course of five days students must study, complete homework, pass tests, etc., and it can be quite exhausting. Many kids take up hobbies or travel on the weekends to release stress and rejuvenate themselves. But for many GHHS students, there is a much simpler solution.

Every Friday, our school’s beloved lunch staff cook up a mound of some of the best Grilled Cheese sandwiches anyone as ever ate. Perfectly crisp and cheesy, they are the ultimate delicacy and by far the best thing served at our school. The sandwich is served up with a side of hot tomato soup that acts as a perfect companion piece.

Students look forward to Grilled Cheese Friday throughout the whole week, and are able to find motivation to push through whatever’s keeping them down, just so they can reach that finish line. To bite into that expertly grilled sandwich is the sign that, yes, you’ve made it. You have succeeded and this is your prize.

One of the biggest proponents of Grilled Cheese Friday is none other than local student, Karl Gallant. “High school can be a dark tunnel. Gross, drippy, depressing, and seems like it will never end,” Karl gushes, “But there’s a light at the end of the tunnel. It isn’t graduation, it’s a grilled cheese sandwich with a styrofoam bowl of tomato soup that our beautiful lunch staff makes every Friday for our enjoyment.”

Grilled Cheese Friday means a lot to the students of Gig Harbor High School. It’s like a weekly celebration of our achievements, and a motivation to push through to the end of the week. On behalf of the student body, I would like to formally thank the lunch staff for their beautiful work.