History of The Marvel Cinematic Universe

“Avengers: Infinity War” broke the record for pre-sale tickets. Photo Credit:https://hypebeast.com/2018/3/avengers-infinity-war-record-advanced-ticket-sales

The first movie made for the Marvel Cinematic Universe, or MCU as fans and critics would call it, dates back all the way to May 2nd, 2008, when “Iron Man” was released in theaters. Ever since then, Marvel began creating more movies about our nowadays favorite superheroes, such as Thor, Hulk, Spiderman, Captain America, Superman… I mean, not Superman because he has to go fight with the Justice League in another universe. Maybe next time, Superman. Back to the story; After releasing the first Marvel movies (“The Incredible Hulk,” “Iron Man 2,” “Captain America: The First Avenger,” and “Thor,” for those of you who are unfamiliar with the MCU), an epic movie in which all the superheroes fought against Loki, the Norse god of mischief, was created and was named “The Avengers.” Some of Marvel’s biggest fans had already begun investigating ever since 2012 clues onto what the next movie might be. Following the release of “The Avengers,” the fans were introduced to a mighty villain who would later appear on the big screens in 2018, and also to one of the most important objects in all these previous movies: the Infinity Stones. Because of these stones, some of Marvel’s greatest movies were made and earned nearly three to five times the amount that was invested in the production of the action-packed movies.

Marvel used “The Avengers,” “Thor: The Dark World,” “Guardians of the Galaxy,” “Avengers: Age of Ultron,” and “Doctor Strange” to explain the powers of these magnificent stones. They are so powerful that when they are all gathered by the greatest villain, he can wipe out half of the universe with just the snap of his fingers. This villain is known as Thanos. What most fans love about him is that his name is some sort of abbreviation to the objects that contain the Infinity Stones. “T” is for Tesseract, “H” is still unknown but fans have created theories that it might be for Heimdall or heart, “A” for Aether, “N” for necklace, “O” for Orb, and “S” for Scepter. The Tesseract and Scepter are objects given to Loki so that he could destroy the Earth in the first Avengers movie. The Aether is a dark force and Infinity Stone that was found in “Thor: The Dark World” by Jane Foster, or Thor’s girlfriend. The necklace is really just what it is, but it contains one of the six Infinity Stone; Doctor Strange is the owner of the necklace, and obviously he was introduced in “Doctor Strange.”  The orb was found in an outer planet in “Guardians of the Galaxy,” and the identity of “H” is still not confirmed.

Now we are getting a new Avengers’ movie: “Avengers: Infinity War.” Fans are freaking out, fainting, panting; it’s a mix of many emotions. What they are most happy about is that it will hit theaters on April 27, so it’s not so far away. We are just going to hold ourselves a bit longer.