Opinion: How I Feel about Scary Movies and Novels

Photo Credit: “New Cover for Stephen King's It.” Mighty Girl, mightygirl.com/2016/02/02/new-cover-for-stephen-kings-it/.
Stephen King is one of bestselling authors who has written nearly one-hundred books, with most of them being fictional stories.

Photo Credit: “New Cover for Stephen King's It.” Mighty Girl, mightygirl.com/2016/02/02/new-cover-for-stephen-kings-it/. Stephen King is one of bestselling authors who has written nearly one-hundred books, with most of them being fictional stories.

Some of the most popular television series, such as Supernatural, make you sit at the edge of your seat and try to keep calm as the mood is extremely silent. Before you know it, a vicious creature spawns in front of the screen and makes your heart jump. But these chilling experiences are not only limited to the screens. Even horror novels can make you shiver all night in hopes that there are no ancient creatures lurking inside your closet, under your bed, or even sleeping next to you.

I have never seen a scary movie, nor read a horror novel. In fact, I have not even tried to see one. Even after half of the school was talking about how good the remake of IT was, which I have to say looks intriguing to watch and read. Although the novel contains nearly a thousand pages, the book has claimed thousands upon thousands of positive reviews and has earned a British Fantasy Award. But besides stating that IT looks intriguing, I can’t say with certainty that I enjoy seeing horror movies or reading horror novels because I have never seen one, nor read one. I have seen a portion of Annabelle: Creation, and I was amused to see what many people enjoy watching. I think that I should read at least one horror novel to get an idea of what the movies may look like, although there is no movie that perfectly resembles the book.

About the Writer
Felix Guerrero, Writer

Hey there, my name is Felix Guerrero. So, what can I say about me? I'm a freshman here at Gig Harbor High School and I'm very excited to be part of the...