Senior College Destinations

Sam Morvant, a junior at Gig Harbor High School is determined to make the most of his education at a place he enjoys. Photo Credit: Jackie Morvant.

Sam Morvant, a junior at Gig Harbor High School is determined to make the most of his education at a place he enjoys. Recently, Morvant traveled over 3397 miles to four different universities in one week. First, he started at PLU (Pacific Lutheran University). Sadly, he did not enjoy any of the programs PLU offered.

Then he went to UW (University of Washington). When Morvant started this journey, UW was his ideal choice. Once he got there he toured the university. “The buildings were cool, and the campus had a great view of Mt. Rainer,” said Morvant.

After that, he traveled to UT (University of Texas). Overall, he did not enjoy his time at the University of Texas. Finally, his journey ended at A&M (Texas A&M University). Initially Texas A&M was his second choice, behind University of Washington, but this changed once he arrived.

Once arriving on campus, the A&M Aggies were immediately welcoming. Morvant stated that,  “a random girl noticed that my mom and I looked confused, and she walked us to where we needed to be.” He was able to visit the Veterinary and Medical schools. He was sure that he wanted to go into the medical field, while still considering Veterinary. Although once listening to presentation done by the dean at the Veterinary school, he decided that he will not be going in to that field. After this quick trip, Morvant decided that he will apply to University of Washington and Texas A&M University so far.