New York Homecoming

Kelsey Queen, Staff

On October 11th, the commons were covered in posters and lights. Students from every grade came dressed in their finest to dance the night away. Loud, upbeat music filled the commons where Tides students were having fun. It was Homecoming!

Freshman Isabella Collier attended Homecoming with friends. “It was fun! I thought leadership did a really great job,” Collier said about the dance.

However, the dance was not the only thing Tides did that night. They did many different things before and after. Groups of friends or students and their dates went out to dinner beforehand. They might have went to a friend’s house to get all dressed up. Students were seen all over the community taking pictures, whether at the waterfront or at their front door. After the dance, to keep the fun atmosphere going, many Tides went home with friends to hang out all weekend.

Collier had a pleasant dinner at Panera Bread before heading to the dance with her friends, freshmen Sam Sharpe and Sam Fritze. Afterwards, they all went home together to make the whole weekend a great time.

While Collier and many others went to the dance, some stayed home with friends or went to the movies. Junior Elyse Myake stayed home with a group of friends. When asked why she didn’t attend Homecoming she said, “I went last year, and not a lot of my friends were going.” No matter what Tides did the night of Homecoming, everyone had a great time. It was a great week to show school spirit no matter what plans ended up being.