Preparing for Homecoming: A Girl’s Perspective

Clarissa Laflamme

Girls at senior Anna Poulton’s house before Homecoming.

Clarissa Laflamme, Staff

Homecoming, the second most important dance for a high school girl to prepare for. Yes, the dance is significant to a guy but in all honesty, not to the same extent. A girl will spend hours upon hours getting ready, when a guy may just spend one. On Saturday October 11, eight friends met up to prepare for the dance. Earlier that day, seniors Taylor Horn, Anna Poulton, and Jeanette Medina went to Tiny Nails and the mall in Tacoma. At the mall, they went to Sephora to buy some new makeup and other cosmetic items for the night. Once they arrived at Anna’s house to begin the long process of getting ready, a few other friends showed up to help. After doing everyone’s hair and makeup, they dressed and left for Fondi’s. The girls ordered, ate, and after asking for the check multiple times, the waitress explained to them that it had already been paid. The person who paid their meal told them they looked beautiful and to have a nice night. Getting prepared for homecoming took them an entire day. A guy will buy some slacks, a button up shirt and a tie, get dressed 20 minutes before having to leave, and maybe style his hair. So yes; preparing for Homecoming can be a lot different for both boys and girls.