Dream Travel Destinations

What places would you like to travel to one day? This article gives you some ideas of where to go on your next vacation and gives you an impression about its costs. The world is full of wonderful places, and where you choose to spend your vacation time also says a lot about what you value.

Based on the opinions of Gig Harbor High School students, here is a compiled list of worldwide destinations. The top vacation spots on the list range from beach getaways to big cities such as Paris and Rome. There’s a lot students like to do: from being on the beaches and surfing, to going to the mountains, hiking to big cities, and sightseeing.

The travel destination that is number one, and the most popular place to travel to, is Paris, France.

I would like to go to France, I know people who live there. I would love to meet them and get to know the country!

— Junior Brianna Lopez

Students would like to visit the Louvre, the Center Pompidou, and the Eiffel Tower and experience the French culture. Worldwide, Paris is one of the most popular and famous cities. The region received 32.2 million visitors in the year 2013.  In only one year (2014), visitors to Paris spent 17 billion dollars.

Parismaxisciences.com

Spain and Hawaii were the number two and three on the ranging list. Followed by France, Germany, Australia, Italy, Norway and Dubai.

“I absolutely want to travel to Germany!” says junior Hanah Sutich.

Worldwide, the most favorite destinations of travelers in 2014 look a little different. The perennial favorites like Rome (#3) and London (#2) made the list. Hotspots in Asia like Hanoi, Vietnam (#8) and Shanghai, China (#12) made the list as well. However, the number one in 2014 may surprise you. Istanbul in Turkey is the most popular travel destination worldwide!

If you got inspired and would like to plan a trip to Paris, there will be several travel agencies to plan a round trip with. It’s pricy though; a week in Paris costs an amount starting at 2,000 dollars. But a trip to Europe, especially Paris, would be an unforgettable time. I hope you got inspired and start making plans to spend perfect vacation time in a beautiful place.