Students and Staff Predict the Super Bowl

Ricci Seguban

Staff dressed up in Seahawks spirit.

It’s an understatement to say that the residents of Washington State have prepared for the Super Bowl. Blue and green Seahawks flags, shirts, scarves, jerseys, beanies, and tattoos have been seen everywhere in the last week. Local businesses and shops have hung up 12th man flags. This Friday, even Gig Harbor High School students and staff decked out in Seahawks apparel.

In the spirit of the game, the newspaper staff surveyed 81 students (20 freshmen, 20 sophomores, 20 juniors, and 21 seniors) about their Super Bowl predictions. The majority of students felt the Seahawks would win, and most of those students felt the Seahawks would win by a little. Several commented that they expected a close game. The following graphs reflect those students surveyed.

Super Bowl Who's Going to Win the Super BowlRicci Seguban

Super Bowl How Close Is the GameRicci Seguban

However, Gig Harbor High School didn’t have only Seahawks fans. Students like sophomore Kaeli Panagos-Cummins were rooting for the Patriots. “That’s my family team,” she emphasized, “I’d be so mad if the Seahawks win.” Although she wasn’t originally from Boston, most of her family was. She wore her Patriots jersey with pride.

Some teachers also have their own predictions. Mr. Johnson shares his prediction of Seahawks, 27 and Patriots, 24. “Patriots would normally score 42,” he explains, “but with our defense, we won’t let them.” “You just watch,” Mr. Johnson continues, “Wilson and Lynch will both score a touchdown, and then our defense will intercept and score another touchdown. Then we’ll make field goals for 27 points total.”

Got any Super Bowl predictions you’d like to share? Leave a comment below!