The Fantastic Fair

Photo+taken+at+the+Washington+State+Fair%2C+a+destination+of+nonstop+amusement.+

Kate Morgan

Photo taken at the Washington State Fair, a destination of nonstop amusement.

Kate Morgan, Writer

“I liked the fair, the atmosphere was great!”

— Brandon Bollert

The Washington State Fair is a combination between fun, joy and excitement. They have anything from lights to thrill, from sweet to salty. There are animals, roller coasters, Ferris wheels, obstacle courses, slides, ball pits, food, thrilling rides and calm rides. I went to Fair to experience… well, the Fair. What I found was incredible! There was food ranging from pizza to fried butter.The Ferris wheel was an extreme highlight on my trip to the fair. I could see everything from it! There were animals of all shapes and sizes. Some of the animals included piglets, chickens, dogs, horses, cows and bunnies.

“The best part for me was hanging with my friends. I really enjoyed the Skyline because you could see the Duran Duran concert from up there,” says freshman Nicole Sorenson who attended the fair. ” I’m no master with money and stuff but it took a lot of my cash.”
A Dizzy Pass allows people to go on as many rides as they want for $40. This is a fairly good deal because each ticket costs 50 cents and many rides use ten tickets for one time. The Wildcat costs nine tickets per ride. That is $4.50 for one ride! Plus, the dizzy pass includes two free carnival games. If you are looking for a thrill, the Washington State Fair is a great place to start! The fair has rides that pick you up, spin you around and accelerate you. There is a good mix of rides. They have rides for young children, rides for everyone and rides for teens to adults. There are displays of collections, rare objects and local information. It is a great place to visit and if you are in the area, I encourage you to go. The fair truly reaches out to everyone!