Homecoming Spirit Week 2015

Every year, as the hype builds up for the Homecoming dance, students and staff alike show their spirit the week before. Themes created by the student body are announced, and everyone attends school the following week rocking their colorful threads.

For students whose dream day consists of staying home in their pajamas, Monday was a wonderful event, for it was comfy day! Youth were actually encouraged to wear pajamas to school!

Next up we had Seattle Sports day, in which we collectively rooted for teams not named the “Tides” for once! Seahawks jerseys, Sounders scarves, and Mariners caps were popular items featured on students throughout the day.

On Color War day, the grades split up and wore coded-clothing exclusive to their level. Freshman wore navy, sophomores columbia blue, juniors white, and seniors, of course, wore black.

Following the Color War was probably the most colorful day of the week, tie-dye day. Multi-colored shirts, hoodies, socks, shoes, and even pants could be seen around the campus.

And on the last day of the school week, students seemed to want to blend into the crowd, for it was Camo Day! Students handed out camouflage leis at the main doors, making it the most participated day of the week.

I asked freshmen Bryce Danosky and Nate Maxwell, along with sophomore Tanner Stephens what their favorite days of the week had been.

Both Bryce and Tanner stated that Camo day had been their clear favorite, while Nate is more of a sports fan and went with Seattle Sports Day.

However, Bryce and Tanner were on the same page again in choosing Tie Dye day as their least favorite. Military 2, 1980’s out. 

This year’s themes were amazing, and we can expect Spirit Week 2016 to be just as awesome! See you then!