What Places have you Traveled to Recently?

Kate Morgan

Freshman Rebecca Hofmann poses with her mother and sister at the Smithsonian Museum.

Many of us have been on some truly amazing trips! I went around the school to get the inside scoop on some fantastic vacations. Here are some cool quotes from our Tides!

“My favorite trip was my trip to Arizona because I got to go adventure the Grand Canyon and got to visit my sister in Flagstaff. The first thing I got was a t-shirt from the Grand Canyon, and then I got this cool book from Flagstaff that can hold all of my pressed pennies. One cool thing that happened was, when I was in Phoenix, I got to go bowling my sister’s boyfriend’s family. I went with my mom, her boyfriend, and my older sister, Brianna. My grandparents met up with us later in the trip. I mainly went there to see my sister and help her move into her new college dorm. Another reason was to go on my very first white water rafting trip. Overall it was a very fun experience. It was awesome getting to meet new people and have new memories to keep forever. I would love to go back again, just because the places I went were very pretty and friendly.” -Sophomore Stacie Finley

“Going to Washington D.C. because I loved learning about our history as well as seeing cool monuments. We also got to go to Colonial Williamsburg for a day. Plus, I got to go there on an airplane. I brought home a beer mug that they would’ve used at the pub in the colonial times. When we went down to Williamsburg one day and the first hour we were there it was a complete downpour. And compared to Washington it was 10x harder. I went with my family (parents and sister). We went there for spring break because we hadn’t been on any vacations recently. The trip was really fun during the week we ended up going to: Mount Vernon, the Capitol building, Colonial Williamsburg, several Smithsonian museums, Lincoln’s summer college, the national zoo, the portrait gallery, the botanic gardens, the national mall, dunkin donuts, Alexandria, and i got to use the subway.” -Freshman Rebecca Hofmann

“I’m actually not fond of falling, but my favorite trip would have to have been Hawaii because it’s really different from Washington. A cool memory was when my sister thought a sea turtle was a seal while we were snorkeling. I went with my family (dad, mom, sister and cousins). I went to Hawaii because, why wouldn’t we?!” -Frsehman Erin Arviso, freshman

Tides are going all over the world on vacation. From Washington D.C. to Oregon, from Arizona to Hawaii, these Tides know how to have fun on vacation!

Freshman Rebecca Hofmann sits with her sister in front of the White House in Washinton D.C..
Kate Morgan