If Students Graded Teachers

Sophomore Jessie Carter gives her own opinion on if students graded teachers. Image taken by Natalia Bash-Wood.

If every student in a teacher’s class had the chance to grade them, it certainly would be hard to determine their final grade. But by taking the opinion of a few students then it might be a bit clearer whether these teachers pass or fail. Now you might be asking, “What would you be grading them on?” And for that, there’s an easy answer. Do they encourage their students to learn and grow? Do they help their students to achieve their goals and do their best? And what are they like overall? Are they kind and caring?

To answer some of these questions, I asked Jessie Carter(10) who some of the teachers are that best exemplify some of these qualities. “I think Mrs. Betterbed is really nice, and genuinely hopes to see her students do their very best in each task they’re given.” I think that most-all teachers deserve an A along with Mrs. Betterbed. Every teacher her at Gig Harbor really has the drive and the will to show up every early morning and put up with 1,700 students every single day.