• The Sound website is undergoing a remodel
  • Spring break is April 15-19

Student Spotlight – Jayden Linares

Jayden Linares, a senior at Gig Harbor High School, is accomplished and does a variety of activities. Jayden has discovered many hobbies and interests which he excels in. One of his biggest passions is playing video games. Some of his favorite games include playing Ghost of Tsushima, Destiny 2, and Overwatch 2. Other interests/passions Jayden has include learning and exploring the field of engineering and also doing kendo. Jayden also enjoys doing sports, he has done Cross-Country for the last couple of years which is a sport that he really enjoys. “I love the way the sport pushes me to be better physically but also how the sport makes me push myself mentally,” stated Jayden. “I am also excited to start track this year.” This is Jayden’s first year doing track and field, and he’s excited and ready to try a new sport. He plans to run the 200m and the 400m events for the Gig Harbor track and field team this upcoming season.

Jayden’s favorite class is engineering and design with Mr. Marten. His most challenging class over the 3 years he has been at the high school is Comparative Media Studies. His favorite teacher is Mrs. Anderson. Jayden enjoys many types of food but his favorite is sushi. He has traveled all over the world but his favorite place that he has been to is Palermo, Italy. He enjoyed the warm weather in the south of Italy and he also enjoyed the delicious food he ate there.

One destination on Jayden’s bucket list is Australia, especially Sydney, Australia. He loves everything about Australia from the wild animals to the unique landscapes. He wants to go see everything Australia has to offer and he hopes to be able to go in the next couple of years. Jayden is a student in the class of 2024 so Jayden only has one more year at Gig Harbor High School before he graduates.

About the Contributor
Cristian Porras
Cristian Porras, Writer
As a new member of the team, 12th Grade,  Cristian Porras is excited and ready to be a writer of The Sound, with the goal to keep everyone reading the sound updated with reliable unbiased information. Outside of school, Porras enjoys playing sports like fencing, golf, and pickleball. Porras is ready to write and keep everyone updated with the best information.