• The Sound website is undergoing a remodel
  • Spring break is April 15-19

Wrapping Up The Girls Soccer Season

The girls’ soccer team has wrapped up an incredible season marked by their dedication and hard work. From the first game to the last, these players showed hard work and determination, proving that success comes from relentless effort. They weren’t just out there to play, they were out there because they loved the game. For some of them, this was their last season. “It’s definitely bittersweet, we had a strong team this year and I think we could have made it farther than we did. With that being said, we still had a great season and I’m super proud of everything we accomplished. It’s sad that it’s over because I’ve made so many friends through this program and had some great memories out on the field. All ends have new beginnings, and this end marks the beginning of my last club soccer season! So I’m excited to get right back to work and have some more fun,” captain Sarah Ehler (12) said. 

To reach the level of success this team did, extreme hard work and dedication were required. “We embraced the grind, pushing boundaries with every practice and game. Each challenge was a chance to rise stronger. Together, we carved a path illuminated by our commitment. This season wasn’t just about soccer; it was about resilience, growth, and the unbreakable bond that fueled our success. Our hard work is put into every pass, every goal, marking a legacy that speaks volumes of our unity and relentless spirit,” captain Ella Gardner (12) stated. The team spent endless hours refining their skills, pushing themselves to improve constantly. They faced tough opponents and challenging schedules, but their unity and determination never fell through. 

The bond among the players was evident, built on a shared goal and a commitment to supporting each other. Their journey wasn’t easy, but their teamwork and persistence made all the difference. “Beyond the field, our team is built on support, trust, and unity. Each pass shows our connection while every goal celebrates our shared determination,” captain Sophie Blake (12) said. The bonds they formed this season will last a lifetime as they work hard together to succeed for each other.

As the season ends, the girls’ soccer team stands as a shining example of what hard work can achieve. Their story is more than success, it’s about the grit and determination that led them to that success, inspiring others to strive to be their best.

About the Contributor
Gavin McLellan
Gavin McLellan, Writer
My name is Gavin McLellan and I am a 12th-grade newspaper editor at Gig Harbor High School. I’m taking the class in order to enhance my article writing and interviewing skills. Some of my personal hobbies include Soccer, which takes up almost all of my time outside of school, and fishing, which happens rarely but I love to get out there on the water.