• The Sound website is undergoing a remodel
  • Spring break is April 15-19

Student Spotlight: Micco Colyer

One of Gig Harbor High School’s own, Micco Colyer (9), is a student that plays football and track and field.  He works hard on school work and studies after school. He wants to be a 4.0 student and he wants to go to college at the University of Washington. Micco’s favorite part of high school is meeting friends and going to activities after school. Colyer said, “I love to play sports like football and practice in the offseason when football ends during the fall.” During the spring Micco does track and field. He enjoys racing the opponents at other schools. “My favorite part of track is doing the meets,” Colyer stated. “I’m excited to start track this year because I want to run the 100m and the 200m and long jump.”

Micco’s other hobbies besides sports are video games. His favorite video games are Fortnite, Call of Duty, and Apex Legends. He also plays Clash of clans on his phone. Micco also likes to spend time with his family and friends. With his free time he goes on hikes and swims, and likes to paddle board. 

Micco’s favorite food is KFC chicken and hot sauce. Micco’s favorite class is Math because “math challenges the brain and makes me want to think more.” His favorite teacher at Gig Harbor is Mr Cassidy because he’s a nice guy and a math teacher. His favorite place to visit is Texas because of the hot warm summers and springs. He said, “I want to move to Texas because of the humid air.” In Texas it won’t rain all the time like it does in Washington. Micco really wants to visit New York because of all the buildings there. He is class of 2027 so he has 3 more years to succeed in this community at Gig Harbor High.

About the Contributor
Austin Nelson
Austin Nelson, Writer
As a new student at Gig Harbor Highschool, Freshman Austin Nelson who is just attending Highschool. Austin is doing newspaper and trying to male articles for the school. With the goal of getting a 4.0 and doing good in sports. Outside of school Austin enjoys football, basketball, track and, he also enjoys hanging out with friends. Austin also loves to play Fortnite. He cant wait for this new school year.