• The Sound website is undergoing a remodel
  • Spring break is April 15-19

Boys B-Ball Starts The Year Strong

The Tides Basketball season has just come to a start. With this new season there were many people fighting to keep their spot on Varsity and others were fighting to get on Varsity. Colin Nelson (11) said, “I’m really excited about the start of the season and I’m glad to have made it on Varsity this year.” There are many others that are really happy to get the opportunity to be on Varsity and play with some of the better people and grow their skills as the season goes on. The team has also had some very good progress during their practices. This is what Logan Parrish (12) had to say about the team this year, “I’m really happy with who is on the team and I’m excited to see how much I can grow off of others.” With the practice that this team has gotten in, they’ve gone into the season with confidence. Their first game was November 28th against Kingston. Hopes were high with Chase Conley (11) saying this about the upcoming game, “I’m ready to play our first game and I think that it will be a good game to start the season off with.” The players are really looking up to this season. They can’t wait to see how much they improve over the course of this season and can’t wait to see how many doors it will open up for them in the future.  They are hoping to make it to state this year and bring home a state championship. The hopes were also high for their game on the 30th. This was their second game against Thomas Jefferson High school. This game ended very positively for Gig Harbor high school, this game ended with a score of 67-38. These games have also had very good turnout.  There was a very good amount of spectators cheering on each team as well as Gig Harbor having a very big student section to cheer on their team. This is going to be a very tough season but Gig Harbor is ready to dominate the court.

About the Contributor
Chance Wightman
Chance Wightman, Writer
A junior reporter, Chance Wightman is in his 1st year of writing for the Sound.  His goals for this year are to improve his interviewing, writing, and publishing skills.  In his free time, he likes to hang out with friends, play video games, and mountain biking.