• The Sound website is undergoing a remodel
  • Spring break is April 15-19

NFL Divisional Round Predictions

Texans Vs Ravens

MVP favorite Lamar Jackson will square off against the young phenom CJ Stroud in a divisional round matchup that should have some sparks of a great game. These offenses have both been dominating recently as the Ravens have been running through opponents by multiple blowouts. They secured the #1 seed at 13-4 in the AFC while the Texans came off a hot stretch to end the season while taking the AFC South Division at 10-7. The defense for the Ravens has been almost unstoppable as they have locked up offenses all season long. It will be a tough test for CJ Stroud and the Texans but should be able to move the ball down their field with their explosiveness. Lamar Jackson has the ability to move defenses based on his running skills so the Texans’ defense is going to have to limit that to make it a close game. Overall I think the Ravens will get it done with a score of 24-17, but I think the Texans can make it close. Cooper Mccutcheon (12) who will be watching the game also agrees with this take as he said, “I would like to see the Texans win as an underdog but I don’t see the Ravens being beaten.”

Packers Vs 49ers

Jordan Love and the red hot Packers are headed to the Bay Area to take on the #1 seed San Francisco 49ers. The Packers have been on a great run to end the season as they started off on the wrong foot being 2-5 to start the year. Jordan Love has been playing out of his mind the last several weeks as he has been extremely productive with this young offense. Their defense has stepped up big time as well to create momentum for their offense, and it was shown especially in the Wild Card round against the Cowboys. For the 49ers, they have been one of the most dominant teams all year wrong as Brock Purdy has been dealing to his star players. There are too many superstar athletes on this team to ignore the fact that they can easily take over the game on both sides of the ball, if the 49ers can play the way they have been throughout the year. However, I think the Packers will ride the Cinderella story into the Divisional Round. I will take the Packers in a nail bitter 27-24. Packers fan Keagen Lucas (11) is on board with this pick as he said, “my prediction is 21-17 Pack.”

Lions Vs Buccaneers

The Lions won a playoff game for the first time in over 30 years, they were able to defeat the Rams and head into the divisional round against the Bucs. The offense has looked sharp as Jared Goff has been playing good football while the running backs David Montgomery and Jahmry Gibbs have also been leading the way. The defense for the Lions have had their concerns but it was a good performance for them last week as the #3 seed, holding their own against a very good Rams offense. On the flip side, the Bucs won the NFC South at 9-8 gaining the #4 seed and beating the Philadelphia Eagles very comfortably in the wild card round. The defense has been impressive, along with some great performances by Baker Mayfeild. The receiving core Mike Evans and Chris Godwin have played very well, along with running back Rashaad White who has been balling. This should be a great matchup because both these teams have been looked upon as non contenders. They will both get their chance to show off what they can do, but I think the Lions will be able to take care of business winning this game 28-21. Lions fan Wesley Bonnicci (11) believes that his team will be able to get it done pretty easily as Bonnicci said, “Lions 34, Bucs 21.”

Chiefs Vs Bills

The final matchup of the week is between the two teams who seem to play each other every year in the postseason. The story in recent years has been Patrick Mahomes and Josh Allen facing off and the talent they bring to each of their squads. Patrick Mahomes has been successful in each of the meetings they have had, but this year Josh Allen is out for his final revenge as they play in Buffalo in the playoffs against each other for the first time. Patrick Mahomes has never played away in the playoffs before, so this should make it more of a test for him and the Chiefs. The Chiefs team this year hasn’t been the same in recent years that we all know, as the receivers have been dropping passes all year long, and Travis Kelce hasn’t been performing at his highest level. The Bills have been one of the most promising contenders to end the season as they stole the AFC East from the Dolphins in week 18, and went on to defeat the Pittsburgh Steelers in the snow in the wild card round. As for the Bills, Josh Allen has been on some kind of run, as the offense has been back to the level that’s been seen before, the defense has been rolling as well. This offense will face off against one of the best defenses in the league in the Chiefs, but this could boil down to another classic. I think the #2 seeded Bills will get the job done against the #3 Chiefs In a wild shootout 35-31.  Buffalo Bills fan Cayden Stroh (11) states that he also agrees with this result as he said, “I think it will be 33-24 Bills.”

About the Contributor
Joncee Lenker
Joncee Lenker, Writer
New to the Gig Harbor High School newspaper is a junior, Joncee Lenker as a reporter. Joncee has decided to join the newspaper because he enjoys writing about things he has a passion for, especially sports. Joncee works at the local golf club and likes hanging out with friends and family as well as working out. Joncee hopes that this experience will be encouraging and exciting as he is looking to go into journalism in sports.