• The Sound website is undergoing a remodel
  • Spring break is April 15-19

Remembering Adrian Gunter

Remembering Adrian Gunter

“He was always happy. I never ever saw him upset. Ever. He was literally the nicest, sweetest kid ever, and he was so funny. He had the funniest laugh.” said Zoey Nichols (11), about her close friend, Adrian Gunter (11). Grayson Mckee (11) agreed, “He was one of my best friends, an amazing guy. Everyone knew him for his amazing smile and for his great personality.” Dakota Wiant (11) added, “He was a very goofy person. He always had something odd but funny to remark on, and he always had a smile on his face.”

Adrian aspired to be a marine biologist and a boat mechanic. He loved building boats and going down to the harbor and looking at the sea life off of Jerisich Dock. “He was always wanting to go do something in the harbor,” Nichols recalled. This included taking his dog on walks and riding his scooter from downtown to uptown. “He enjoyed hanging out with family and friends, and his dog, Magnus, was his life,” said Grace Mckee (11). As well as keeping his crocs as a constant companion, Elise Miller (11) described, “There’s no proper way to explain how he would do things besides it was just the Adrian Way. He would make it hilarious, no matter the situation.”

Adrian loved to make up silly nicknames for his friends, always unique and creative. Wiant expressed, “He had such unique taste and was quite the source of entertainment in our friend group. He loved animated movies like Shrek, Ratatouille, Cars, and Kung Fu Panda. He collected vinyl records, went fishing, and cooked.” Being a person who could cheer people up was important to him, and he certainly did a great job at it. Miller explained Adrian valued most, “Making people happy. Making sure that everyone was having a good time.”

Tragically, on Sunday, January 21st, 2024, Adrian Gunter passed away. He will be dearly missed by his family and friends. Miller expressed, “I’m so thankful that I was able to meet him, because he really just would light up everybody’s day.” Wiant reflected, “He was unforgettable once you met him, always with that smile on his face and something witty to say. I’ve never met anyone like him, and I’m not sure I ever will again.” Adrian was a lively, joyful presence that lit up every room he walked into.“We lost him too soon,” Grayson said, “I just want him to not be forgotten.”

About the Contributor
Maya Holmes
Maya Holmes, Writer
A freshman at Gig Harbor High School, Maya Holmes is a writer for The Sound. She is looking forward to recording the events and opinions of those at Gig Harbor. Holmes is a published author who loves to write, run, sing, spend time with family and friends, and is a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.