The Cars of Gig Harbor High School

The Cars of Gig Harbor High School

The cars of the Gig Harbor High School students. At this time in many people’s lives, this is the time when kids start to take an interest in cars or not. Most people will just see their cars as a thing they use every day to get from place to place, but others look into it more and see more from a car than the rest. Many kids will start to wonder how cars work, and what parts do what. Liam Hayes (11) said this about cars, “After I got my Ford Focus, I started looking into the capabilities the car has, and I decided that I wanted to learn how things worked to be able to build my car how I want it.” This leads to kids taking an interest in cars. They start to look more into it and see the possibilities that can come from investing a little bit of money into their car. There are different routes that the kids can take though. The two main routes are either making the outside and inside look really nice or seeking to gain power and speed from their cars. There are different reasons for each, making a car look nice is appealing to the eye, and can make the car stand out from the rest of the non-modified cars. This is what many seek, to make a car that is different from anything on the road and make it their own. On the other hand, some people seek to make as much power out of their cars as possible. These people spend money on things that will boost the performance of their cars. Gig Harbor High School has the best of both worlds. Many people look to do both to their cars, they want to make it their own, as well as make the car perform the best possible and make it the fastest it can be. Some kids at the high school make it their goal to get the coolest car possible or make the car they have now the coolest they can. Many kids, such as Carter Ahrens (12) said, “I decided to work two jobs for two years to save up for my dream BMW M3, and I was able to make that dream come true!” There are also some kids who choose their car to help them prepare for the future, Caleb Amidon (11) said, “I have worked for a long time and was able to start a small yard work business to be able to save up for a truck to help me expand that business.”