• Graduation is on June 15th
  • Finish the year strong!
  • The last day of school is June 21st - the last day for seniors is June 13th

A Massive “SIX”cess!

As the Gig Harbor High School Theater Club was wrapping up their impressive performance of The Sound of Music, many talented actresses prepared their auditions for “SIX,” the musical. The show “SIX” is a mix of comedy, history, and pop culture. It tells the story of King Henry VIII’s six wives and follows them through an engaging concert-style competition as the queens try to convince the audience that each of them had it worse with King Henry through song and dance. Martha Shultz (10) played his first wife, Catherine of Aragon, who was married to Henry’s brother Arthur before he died. She then married Henry, but he divorced her after she was unable to produce an heir. “I loved being on that stage and being able to interact with both the audience and the girls up there with me! It’s so new for me to be able to have a character that interacts with the audience, and I think it made me the happiest that I’ve ever been to play a role!” said Shultz. Jennica Moomaw (12) played Anne Boleyn, a woman who drastically changed the course of history when she caused Britain to cut ties with the Catholic Church. However, Boleyn was also unable to produce an heir and was beheaded when Henry VIII accused her of adultery. Following Boleyn, Henry married Jane Seymour, played by Lydia Ward (12), making her musical debut. Seymour died in childbirth while producing an heir.Kaitlyn McAlister (10) played Anna of Cleves, who was summoned from Germany after Henry VIII saw and approved of her portrait. However, upon her arrival, Henry decided she didn’t look like her portrait and divorced her. She lived a relatively lavish life thereafter due to the prenup she signed. Katherine Howard, played by Ruby Monroe (11), was beheaded for not declaring her unchaste life before marrying the king. Megan Long (10) played Catherine Parr, the final wife who stayed married to the king until he died.The talented ladies in waiting of “SIX” were played by Halle Price (12), Brooklyn Kircher (12), and Eleanor Trott (11). Trott said, “I loved getting to work with such an inspiring cast and crew!” and Price agreed, “I loved spending time with the girls and dancing every day.” The crew for SIX was exceptional, from the perfectly synchronized lights to the fantastic choreography and thoroughly detailed costumes. They received nothing but standing ovations, sold out on closing night, and had a wonderful experience.