Meet Assistant Principal Mr. Frost

Elyse Miyake

Assistant Principal Mr. Frost.

Elyse Miyake, Staff

I got a chance to meet up with new Assistant Principal Andrew Frost in the week. Frost was formerly the principal at Marysville Pilchuck High School since 2010. Being familiar with the Gig Harbor area, he looked forward to the job opportunity, as he was once a student at Gig Harbor High School.

I mentioned to him that I heard he went to Gig Harbor High School himself, and asked how it had changed since he graduated.

“Well it is much bigger now than it was before, I graduated in ’91. There were around 900 students before the remodel.” Frost explained. “But I can appreciate it more now since I’m here with a different perspective, as an educator.”

As a former student, Frost was involved with the community in Gig Harbor. I asked him what activities he was involved in at the time.

“I ran a martial arts school. I was involved in training and teaching it outside of school as a kid.” Frost said.

Although there have been only a few weeks of school, I have already seen Mr. Frost interacting with the students at Gig Harbor. Whether it was at lunch, during class, or at the beginning of the day, Frost explained that he “tries to touch basis with kids and staff as much as I can.”

“My goal is to get to know the students and staff. I also am trying to get to know the life and culture of Gig Harbor.”

Mr. Frost has already made a great impression on students and staff here at Gig Harbor; just his presence in a room is enough to brighten someone’s day! We look forward to a wonderful year with you, Mr. Frost!