Spirit Week Recap

October 6th – October 10th

Madi Sams, Staff

Seahawk Day

Kicking off the first day of Spirit Week, students decked out in their Seahawk gear. Green and blue students covered the school grounds exposing all the avid Seahawk fans. Senior Maddy Hiatt showed off her spirit by accommodating to the green and blue dress code; however, she admitted that Thursday’s Pink Out would be her favorite spirit day due to her new pink tutu. As the day rolled on, it was easy to tell that this spirit week would be an exciting one.

Spirit Week allows us to express our creative diversity.

— Senior Liz Padilla

Tie Dye Day

Psychedelic colors and patterns were worn from head to toe throughout the grades and throughout the staff. Liz Padilla, a spirited senior, shared her insight on this week holistically by stating, “Spirit Week allows us to express our creative diversity.” Lindsey Moon, a junior, believed that this week “brought all the students together.” Overall, students seemed to be in favor of Spirit Week and embraced the “creative diversity” to come.

Wacky Day

Wacky Day revealed an array of “wacky” outfits. From ski gear to funky hats, Gig Harbor High School students brought the wacky. Of course, the staff participated throughout this spirit week and Ashlynn Holley, a senior, said, “I love seeing Mrs. Moore in all her outfits and her great school spirit.”

I love seeing Mrs. Moore in all her outfits and her great school spirit.

— Senior Ashlynn Holley

Pink Out Day

Not only was this the highly anticipated night of the big football game; it was Pink Out and students got to wear everyone’s favorite color, pink. Knee high neon pink socks and fluffy pink tutus were a common fashion choice. Students not only displayed their tide pride but also supported the fight against Breast Cancer by donating whatever amount they could at Thursday night’s homecoming game. In the end it was a victory for Gig Harbor, raising over 500 dollars for Breast Cancer and also winning by 41 points. Kaelynn Campeau, a senior class senator, excitedly voiced her appreciation for Spirit Week by saying, “I really enjoy having fun with my peers through this Spirit Week and supporting the Tide Community.”

Comfy Day

The last day of Spirit Week proved to be a comfy one. Students wore footy pajamas, sweats, hoodies, anything that students found cozy and comfy. “I like comfy day because it unites us in our exhaustion,” stated Lindy Madsen, a participating senior. Reflecting on the Spirit Week in its entirety, Olivia Gates, a senior, admits that this week, “brought a sense of community to the school.” Congratulations Tides for the mass participation and creativity. Go Tides!