H2Whoa, You Know!

The team circling up before the performance on January 31st at Bonney Lake.

H2Whoa- you know! It’s an all year sport where the dancers are learning, practicing and performing hip hop and lyrical dances from professional choreographers. As soon as the dance team hits the performance floor, the music sounds and a strong energy and power flows to the audience. The crowd claps and shouts in amazement. People feel the passion and huge effort of H2Whoa. Sophomore Shawna Swanson is also passionate about being on the team, “I love being a part of something, we are all so close! I hope to continue on this team all throughout high school!”

Being on the dance team is a big commitment and we work hard. But also it’s like being a part of a family, we do team bondings and have a lot of fun!

— Junior Taylor Wellbrock

Whenever students walk through the high school on an evening after school, there is a big chance they’ll see H2Whoa practicing in the commons or auxiliary gym. The dance team with eleven members, ten girls and one boy, practices three times a week or more. Practices usually last three hours.

Team captains Jessie Haworth and Brycelyn Greene, who have been on the dance team for four years, with Coach Wendy Seese give corrections and feedbacks to the dancers.

“Being on the dance team is a big commitment and we work hard. But also it’s like being a part of a family, we do team bondings and have a lot of fun!” says junior Taylor Wellbrock.

This year, the Gig Harbor High School dance team H2Whoa got 2nd place performing hip hop and lyrical dances. They competed at Bonney Lake and Kentridge High School. Their next performance will be on February 28th in Kentwood. The dance team is giving everything to qualify for the state competition. Come and support our Gig Harbor High School dance team H2Whoa!