Magic the Gathering Club

Caught Gathering After School

Ricci Seguban, Head Editor

If you ever walk by and see colorful cards laid out in specific arrangements across blue lunch tables, the students surrounding them calling out actions or mumbling strange names, you would have seen the small group of students known as Magic Club.

So what is Magic Club, really? Some with no prior knowledge of the club may think it’s for aspiring magicians. However, that is far from the truth. Magic Club is for students interested in the game Magic the Gathering. For the uninformed student, sophomore Jackson Moore describes the game well: “Magic is a strategy game where you try to defeat your opponent with creatures and other spells, abilities, and stuff like that.” For these students, like sophomore Nick Toyama, the game is fun because it’s a fun game for hanging out with friends.

Never played Magic before? “Just try it out,” Jackson emphasizes, “I heard about Magic Club before, but once I started playing [the game] I really started liking it.” Have any more questions about Magic Club? Talk to Ms. Kurz, Magic Club’s advisor, or meet Magic Club after school on Tuesdays in room 211.

Freshman Sam Reygers, sophomore Ganden Sutch, sophomore Nick Toyama, freshman Trey Atten, sophomore Alejandro Huaman, and sophomore Jackson Moore.
Ricci Seguban

Remember, all it takes is a little “gathering” up of courage to “gather” with other students and experience the “magic” of Magic Club. (See what I did there with the pun? Make a comment below!)