Football: GHHS vs. Auburn Riverside

Michal Wipf, Staff

On Friday, September 12, the GHHS Tides football team battled Auburn Riverside at Peninsula High School. The game, starting at seven that evening, drew in a colorfully dressed crowd from GHHS. The dress code that evening was Hawaiian-themed. Everyone was in a good mood and excited for an excellent game. The football players, ever since the start of the game, worked hard and focused.

Rachel Ross - Football

Senior Rachel Ross, who came to watch the much-anticipated game, was all smiles at the end of the game. She found the biggest highlight of the game to be “the 52-0 win.” She also liked the cheerleading and dance team’s performance. Rachel is a true fan of the Tides football team, never missing a game. Football games, to her, are amazing places to meet with friends, have lots of fun, and start a great weekend. She especially loves it when our team wins.

Supported by lots of students, cheerleaders and the Gig Harbor band, the Gig Harbor Tides football team has made a really good start in the season. The screaming and singing spectators always keeps the players motivated and gives the whole school a great communal spirit.

What a great blow out and a fantastic game!

Come support the GHHS football team when they face Eastlake High School on Friday, September 18.